Updated August 2022
We’ve updated our procedures to ensure safety for patients and staff:
- A link to the Medical History will be sent by email to all new and returning patients, to be completed before your appointment.
- A link to the Covid-19 Screening Form will be sent by email with your appointment reminder. Please fill this out before your appointment. We ask that you self-screen and contact the office by email or phone to cancel or reschedule any appointments.
- The clinic doors will remain locked to allow us to ensure a maximum of 7 patients in the office at a time. You may be asked to wait outside until it is safe to enter. We ask that you do not bring additional people to your appointment to ensure we stay at or below this number.
- Upon entry, you will be asked to wash your hands for 20 seconds.
- A current valid credit card is required on file for all patients wishing for their insurance to be billed directly. Your portion is due at the time of treatment either by credit card or debit. Any insurance discrepancies will be billed to the card on file.
Thank you for your continued patience and kindness.
here’s what we’re doing to ensure your safety
- All House of Teeth staff perform self-screening daily, to ensure we are free of Covid-19 symptoms.
- We are limiting the number of patients in the clinic to 7 at a time.
- Our HVAC systems ensure that the air is 100% exchanged and filtered every hour.
- Appointments may be lengthened and staggered to maximize social distancing.
- Masks mandates are ever changing and we continue to follow the guidelines as mandated by the BC Dental Association and the BC College of Dental Surgeons. Our staff will continue to wear a mask throughout the office.
• New patient examinations
• Regular check-ups & cleaning
• Fillings, caps, crowns
• Whitening & Bleaching
See all our services…
Scheduled cleaning and general dental health check-ups to keep you smiling
Correcting misalignments of the bite and teeth
Stain removal for a brighter, whiter smile
Fillings & Extractions
We use composite resins to fill cavities for a flawless smile
Wisdom Teeth Extractions
We’ll analyze your situation and recommend a solution to fit your circumstances
Root Canals are sometimes necessary to get rid of tooth pain and improve your dental health
Crowns / Caps
Restore damaged or cracked teeth with a custom-made crown
An improved smile often leads to increased confidence. From whitening, bonding and veneers to custom grills, we can help!
We love fluoride. Get your fluoride here!
Gum Disease Prevention
Let us coach you to better dental health
We work with qualified specialists and perform the crown work in-house
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Call us at 604.559.4638 and let us know how we can help you.
Dr. Sean Sikorski
Available Monday through Thursday.
Dr. Sonja Stojicic
Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Dr. Karen McQuail
Wednesday through Saturday.
Dr. Erica Gyamfi
Monday through Friday.
Dr. Murielle Arsenault
Monday through Wednesday
Dr. Sam MacCarthy
Tuesday through Friday
We make our own toothpaste!
House of Teeth offers dentist-formulated,
non-toxic oral care for every mouth
Inspired by the art of safe dentistry,
House of Teeth’s dentist-owned and formulated
apothecary toothpastes are made with naturally-derived
fluoride and packaged in a biodegradable tube.
Visit our online shop.
Here’s what we’re doing
Where are we?
BOOKING 3 MONTHs OUT
331 E Broadway
Vancouver BC V5T 1W5
Your First Appointment?
Your first appointment will last between 45 to 60 minutes. During this initial assessment, your medical history will be reviewed, a full mapping of your teeth and surrounding tissues will be created, x-rays and photos will be taken as required, and your dental concerns will be discussed. Your dentist will evaluate your x-rays and create a treatment plan with you. No treatment or cleaning will be performed during this session.
Payments and Insurance
Please read our payments and insurance policies.
Confirmation and Cancellation Policy
Appointments must be confirmed at least 2 business days in advance. We will attempt to confirm your booking by email or phone, but your session may be canceled if we do not hear from you and is subject to a cancellation fee.
Once your appointment is set, a chair is booked and your dentist and technicians are scheduled. If you are unable to keep your appointment, you must inform us at least 2 business days in advance to avoid a charge.
Call us directly at your preferred location or send a booking request.